Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Penny for My Thoughts? Nah, No Charge

Peculiar Beverage of the Day: Coca-Cola with Coffee

Thank you to Tracy for giving me a heads-up about this stuff. I gave it a go, so I'll tell you my thoughts: the name is a pretty good description, although if Coke wanted to go for the whole truth, I think this product would be "Coca-Cola with Coffee and Artificial Sweeteners," because that is what I taste, in that order. It's...not terrible. Not worth a buck-fitty a can, though. I tried the "Dark Blend" because my internet research suggested that the coffee flavor would be most obvious in this variety. 

Staged with Bamm-Bamm's charged creeper plush because why not

Evidently the Vanilla and Caramel flavors (the latter of which I couldn't find anyway) just taste like extra sweet Coke with a hint of coffee. The internet reminded me that this isn't the first time Coke has attempted a cola-coffee hybrid. I don't expect this gimmick will last long, but I'm usually terrible at predicting such things, so expect to see it on the shelves for decades.

Today's Pinterest-Unworthy Photo: Bamm-Bamm's Valentine Box

It's that time of year again! Time for chocolate heart-shaped candy, beautiful bouquets of flowers, and exquisitely crafted Valentines Day card boxes made with love by talented parents for their lucky children. I give a lot of credit to the folks who do this. You are talented! You are dedicated! Your kids' Valentine boxes look fantastic, and they make your kids very happy. 

I am not one of those moms, and this year, I accepted it. You know what? It feels awesome. I love my kids with all my heart and soul, but crafty Valentines boxes are not my love language. Buying a pre-made Minecraft box from Hallmark is my love language. Here it is.

It was my suggestion to add the creeper sticker. Ta da!!!

Bamm-Bamm is pleased as punch. Everybody's happy.

Unnecessary Commentary: Dunkin's Extra Charged Coffee

I saw a billboard for this stuff a few days ago, and upon glancing at it while driving my first fleeting thought was, "DD is advertising that it's charging extra for its coffee?" Then I realized my mistake. From the company website: "New Extra Charged Coffee packs 20% more caffeine than our classic Hot and Iced Coffee, while delivering the same great [sic] taste." Apparently, adding an espresso shot changes the flavor profile of regular coffee, so this option is tailored for someone who wants the taste of DD's regular coffee with a kick of extra caffeine. Hmm, okay. And the best name for this stuff is "Extra Charged"? Not Turbo Charged or Super Charged? Heck, maybe get away from "charge" altogether and try Turbo Blend or something.

Gotta love those 80s colors. Everything old is new again.

I do not plan to try it. I am a former DD employee (from wayyyy before the company went all Madonna/Cher/Sting/Bono and dropped its last name) who just cannot abide the taste of DD coffee. My central nervous system can barely tolerate caffeine (the aforementioned Coke has 69 mg/can and made me jittery as heck), so drinking this would amount to a purgatorial experience. No thanks.

Ending on a Positive Note: Then & Now

Tween Queen, 2/9/11

Tween Queen, 2/9/21

Still just as sweet and sassy. 💗

2 comments: